Monday, January 10, 2011

2011 thus far

Why is it at the start of every new year we have these high expectations? January 1st is just another day on the calendar eh? Well I to fall in the trap of believing that January 1st is some miracle day.  This year I had simple resolutions as well; start a craft club, go to California,  keep on the path of natural eating, etc.. I'm not asking myself to drop 50lbs or anything crazy like that! Well we went back to MN and ND the week after Christmas and stayed in homes of cat owners.  I wheez, cough, sneeze, lets just say it's an icky mess but the stay is cheap.   Well since we've been back I've missed 2 days of work in 2011 which I believe I only missed one last year. Having to call into work is one of the most painful things for me to do but like Grant said sometimes you have to worry about yourself and just get better!  I think the kitties did havoc on my immune system and left me open to more icky things to come (this is my conclusion anyway).  Last week our faithful little ford focus decided to poop out on us.  We feel it may be more than we want to put into it but until we get it to the car service people we are back to one vehicle.  We got by with one vehicle for 6 years but now that we have had the glory of owning two it's a hard thing to get used to.. especially when I had to be to work at 4am last week. Our hours never match up and with retail are never the same day to day. My brother in law passed away last week which has caused some commotion in an already unstable family, then yesterday I find out my niece had her appendix removed.  REALLY TWENTY ELEVEN! So with all of that California is out of the picture because getting another car by the summer is now on the to do list and having to be open to both our schedules now craft club may have to wait as well. 
Now with all that being said and sounding quite beaten down I'm staying positive knowing God has his plan and I'm still feeling that wonderful feeling of blessings for no serious illness for Grant and I, being able to put food on the table and having shelter! I have the love of a wonderful man and two super cute puppies and although I have an annoying lingering cough I still have overall good health! 2011 is not going to get me down and I'm going to face it with immense positivity so watch out!
Hope everyone is having a GREAT new year!

No comments: