Tuesday, July 22, 2008

From my e-mail quote of the week

Quotes:
"The fight to save family farms isn't just about farmers. It's about making sure that there is a safe and healthy food supply for all of us. It's about jobs, from Main Street to Wall Street. It's about a better America." ~Willie Nelson

"High-tech tomatoes. Mysterious milk. Supersquash. Are we supposed to eat this stuff? Or is it going to eat us?" ~Annita Manning

Ok, now about the quotes of the week. Grant and I, for sometime now, discuss what nasty things are allowed to go into our everyday food and really have wanted to make lifestyle changes to stay away from this "stuff" I borrowed a book from the library titled "The health chic guide, Hip, Fun & Delicious living" by Wendimer Reilly. I would recommend this book to anyone! She starts out talking of her and her husbands old habits and they fit Grant's and mine to a tee!...well I'm happy to say a little better but we were where they were at one point. To me it's amazing how these important health decisions are really not so hard if you just take them one step at a time. She is such a realist when it comes to making the change. They are not vegetarians and they still love thier chocolate and snacks, they just choose the better for you alternatives. I've actually started to make my own cleaners and am going to hopefully get where all of my cleaners are homemade, safe for breathing and the environment.

No comments: