Monday, March 16, 2009

Love one Another!

I have to admit that I haven't been the best at being at my computer lately. I have many Karma tubes in my inbox I need to watch and share if I feel it compelling enough. This video I did. It's a 25 minute video but worth every second! It really puts a perspective on what could really be if we all respected one another for simply who we are without any judgement. In the video one of the men state how powerful love could be. If we all just possible practiced it starting with one day at a time just simply loving one another and not passing any judgement, I think the power of love could be phenomenal! I liked a lot of what the Buddhist nun had to say although the way she stared at me scared me a little...see, there I go passing judgement...shame on me! When she mentioned just how content we could truly be with so little and how once we have much we keep wanting more. I would like to say Grant and I were really good with this when it came to Amber. We had her enjoy all the simple things in life and she didn't get really any material things. If she wanted something she had to save for it with her $5 weekly allowance. I remember Grant coming home with a movie and it was this big exciting event...one that is not very exciting to many kids whom are indulged with material things daily. Grant and I have not been good at living simply in the past and have really worked at changing our ways and I believe are becoming quite successful. The Buddhist nun said something about buying for momentary satisfaction...Isn't that the truth! Before I started to really thing about everything I buy I would get things only to sell it in my next garage sale. I think it's so important to teach our children to live simply and that gadgets and "stuff" is not what brings us happiness. My new go green goal is to start using the bus lines much more. Yes it gets us from here to there slower but I feel we can all work on a little patience and the ride can give us some quality we time to read a book, enjoy some music, or just enjoy life as it's passing us by while another one is driving for us. My sister Dawn mentioned a system in San Francisco called the zip cars. I'm sure other cities have this as well. They have various lots and one pays a yearly fee and then a rental fee when you would like to use a car. She loves the idea that many people are sharing cars and she feels she's doing her part to be greener as well. Most of the time she takes public transportation so it's not very often she is driving a car around. I like this idea. Grant and I share a car. I haven't needed a car so much since I haven't worked or had Amber so it's worked out. When we lived in the cities and in Clintonville it still worked for us though. I was going to school, working and volunteering and Grant worked most everyday and we still made it work.
So with that I wish for a world someday where we accept one another for our differences in religion, skin color etc and can one day hold hands around the world and sing Kumbaya....as John Lennon sang in Imagine..."You may say I'm a dreamer, but I'm not the only one. I hope someday you'll join us and the world will live as one"

http://karmatube.org/videos.php?id=1494

No comments: