Monday, March 12, 2012

Blessed

This year for my birthday I was going to do nothing.  It honestly wasn't that big of a deal to me this year.  Grant took the day off like he always does and we we were going to veg out all day, go to church at 6 and veg out some more.  My friend Sarah called me up Tuesday and convinced me otherwise and am I happy she did!  I sent out a last minute facebook message and invited a few people to come Saturday night after church for games and karaoke and honestly expected like 5 people to show up.  Everyone but two came!...I couldn't believe it!  Can I tell you how blessed I feel to have such wonderful friends here in Wisconsin?...well I'm going to anyway!  Not only did my they come they came with food and cards and excitement that it was my birthday...the one's who were here later even watched Justin Biebers never say never with me and I think they honestly got a feel for Bieber fever=D (at least I want to believe I made them Beliebers). I'm so overwhelmed with how blessed I am to have so many people who do truly care about me!  I can only hope I'm that good of a friend and I make people feel like they made me feel Saturday night! 

Right now we are focusing the money we do have after our monthly bills etc on getting ready for kids that will be placed in our home.  As many of you know Grant has this tradition that approx 6 days before my birthday he gives me something little everyday.  This year, for the sake of spending our money elsewhere he gave me little notes everyday and as one says they did mean more than any lavish gift he would've given me!  We've never been into gift giving in the first place but yep this is the 2nd best gift he ever gave me!  First was the Christmas we were waiting to get my nieces and nephew placed with us and he wrote me this awesome letter much like all the little notes this year. 
It truly is the things that money cannot buy that are worth more than anything someone would've wrapped up for me this year!

Yummy Food!



 Puppies even came!
 Some friends





 Karaoke Time!



No comments: