Thursday, June 2, 2011

Documentary Recommendations

So I was reading my earlier post about all I wanted to accomplish the 3 weeks I'm off work.  Well I'm down to this being my last week (insert tear here) and oops haven't got a whole lot of it done!  I've done some major dream booking my first week home then nothing. Today I'm doing more dreambooking though.  I spent a day watching documentaries that were not on my movie list and was enlightened! Here is my run down on them:

No Impact Man



I loved this one!  I was and am super inspired to live even more green than before.  As many know we make all our own cleaning supplies except for laundry soap (which I used to) and dish soap, which my bottle now is my last boughten.  I do use seventh generation so hopefully they're as good of a company as they say they are.  I've been doing a little more research on some toxins I can still cut out of the home and I will share in a later post. I honestly didn't think anything they did was crazy or things that we could all practice.  I really want to start a no electricity night a few nights a week and play games by candlelight...soy of course=)

Modify


If you watch this you can be easily grossed out because some things gave me the willies!  I did not know people did such crazy things with their body. Very interesting and if your interested in weird things people do with their bodies it's for you



Food Matters



I've watched enough food documentaries to not eat McDonald's or any other nasty ground up sh*&  This was not so much to gross one out like food inc but was more educational about how food correlates with so much of how we feel mentally and physically. I highly recommend this!

Fall From Grace



This film is about the Westbro Baptist church in Kansas (I believe).  The pastor there and his followers (mostly his family) picket at homosexual events and funerals of fallen soldiers.  It's everything to me as a Christian that we are not and people who see this as the way they think Christians are is very sad to me.  I was deeply disturbed by the children being taught such hatred.  Interesting that people think this way and it should make you angry if you decide to watch it.

I've also watched Lisa Ling's Our America series on the OWN network and they are wonderful!  I watched one on the heroin epidemic in Richmond Co Ohio, one on Sex Offenders, One on Praying the Gay away, One on Faith Healers.  Makes one look at both sides of a situation.  I'd suggest trying to watch any of these. 

So there you have it..hopefully my laziness has benefited someone in someway=D

No comments: