Friday, August 7, 2009

My New Found Friend























Today was suppose to be a fun adventurous day in Door County. Amber was excited to go to Al Johnson's Swedish Restaurant with the goats on the roof and mile high whipped cream on top of the hot cocoa. The plan was I would drop our car off before my 9am hair appt. and we would get the two tires we needed put on during my appt...killing two birds with one stone as some would say. Well I walk to the mall from my appt. and It's coming upon 1130. Grant gets the call that some other things were wrong and it would be 3 more hours and the total would be aprox 1,200. The matinee movies didn't start until 130. I got a pretzel and nasty lemonade from Auntie Annes and wandered the mall a little bit and then crossed the street to Barnes and Noble where I met my new found friend. I wandered a little while and then went to the section I haven't been to in a few years...the self help/inspiration section. This used to be my favorite section and I had no idea that there existed another kind of book. So today I just wander over there beings I had so much time to kill and there she was in plain sight! I didn't even look at any other of the the books. I opened her up and I was instantly in love!
I went and got a chocolate bananna smoothie and the world around me melted away. Every day one names the day and then each day has the same "Daily Headings" Daily Soul Vitamin is a quote of the day (I KNOW! PERFECT) Toast of the day..today's is Heres to the Occasional extravagance. Awe-servances which is dating that happend on that day or a famous persons birthday. For example today is Lucille Ball's birthday and the "daily soul vitamin is a quote from her and every other heading kinda ties into her. There's a dose of Mirh which is as described in the book "you will be provided with funny or sort of funny material almost every day to help you in-jest the spirit of medicinal mirth." Journal JuJu and Aha-phrodisiacs where there are there is something offered to help get your writing on. Some days theres a I get to....which is to help one look at doing things in a more positive way. So I plan to try and do this daily via my blog. I seriously cannot let go of this book and I cannot beleive how happy it makes me=) Stay tuned...hopefully this book helps inspire you as much I think it will me!

No comments: