Friday, July 15, 2011

I'm in a musical mood!

I know that this is going to age me a bit  but geez there just really isn't good music today like there was in the 90's and before.  I feel for kids who all they have to listen to is hiphop/rap.  Don't get me wrong I love to workout to the stuff but otherwise I want my old school music.  I do tend to like singer songwriters the most. I tried to categorize them... The following are some of my favorite songs and I may miss a few cause I have a lot but these are some that pop in to my head.....



Shawn Mullins, Shimmer
Singer/Songwriter
Grant and I have seen him twice and LOVE him!  He is a fabulous songwriter and storyteller!

Fall On Me, R.E.M
Band
R.E.M has been my favorite band since 6th grade.  I used to believe I would really marry Michael Stipe and we'd live happily ever after and I'd drive an old orange volvo station wagon and we'd live in warm athens, GA.  Well the good lord had different plans for me but I still think they're legendary!  I own over 30 Cd's including interview and imports. 

Take on me by Aha
80's
There is just something about this one hit wonder I have always loved.  I used to request to sing it karaoke just to hear it but slaughtered it cause who really can sing that high??



Smiling Face by James Taylor
Lift my spirits
I love love love JT!!!  I love watching him when he was young and now that he's older!  I have a major crush on him! One of my favorite get happy songs

With my own two hands by Ben Harper
Lift my spirits
Sexy man sexy voice and I just heart him!

Mellissa by the Allman Brothers
Vintage
This song was introduced to me by my college friend Sarah.
Up on Cripple Creek by the Band
Vintage
Nothing really to note about this song except that I love it and it makes me happy and nod my head

No comments: