Saturday, February 14, 2009

Simply a Wave

This morning after dropping Grant off at work (630ish), I come to a Kwik Trip driveway. Like any business driveway I stop before it so people can get in and out...something many don't do and is one of my hugest pet peeves! So There is no one in back of me and I could just take off after the car in front of me goes, after all the guy wanting to get out only rightfully has to wait for me, right? Well being the nice gal I am I let him go and not even a wave of thanks! I find that people don't wave anymore when you let them over and such. I don't know if it's my ND upbringing but aren't you supposed to wave when someone lets one over to say "hey thanks, you didn't have to do that but your swell." After all people don't have to let someone in even though it is the polite right thing to do. I've always automatically waved even in the cities where you have to "get over" quite a bit. This may be taking it to far but to me this is just another sign of politeness and human kindness coming to a minimum=(

No comments: