Thursday, February 19, 2009

Soda my love!

Grant and I LOVE soda like many Americans. I really don't drink a lot during the day but come 8ish when we start to play our nightly game of skip-bo or phase 10 out comes the soda in full force. We love the awful stuff too! Grant's soda choice is the ever popular Mt.Dew. Mine is Pepsi. Well I've been looking into some natural alternatives and tried Blue Sky soda the other night. I got the cola and it's good....Kinda like RC cola Grant thinks. We know we have to cut back and soda should only be a treat but at least we've made a change eh'
Mt. Dew Ingredients:
Carbonated water
High fructose corn syrup (HFCS)
Concentrated orange juice and other natural flavors
Citric acid
Sodium benzoate (preserves freshness)
Caffeine (55.2 mg per 12 oz.)
Sodium citrate
Gum arabic
Erythorbic acid (preserves freshness)
Calcium disodium EDTA (to protect flavor)
Brominated vegetable oil
Yellow 5
I don't think I realized that there was vegetable oil in it..ewwww!
Blue Skyy Soda
Blue Sky Real Sugar has been developed for consumers who have allergies to High Fructose Corn Syrup or wish to eliminate HFCS from their diets. 100% Natural, No Artificial Flavors or Colors, No Preservatives, No Caffeine, No Sodium, Kosher Certified, GMO free, and No High Fructose Corn Syrup.
I see on their web-site that they also have organic which I haven't seen at the grocery store. So as we cut down on the soda we are switching to something better while we get there. It's spendy also compared to regular soda so that is a good initiative to quit also!

No comments: