Sunday, January 18, 2009

Adios, Au Revoir plastic bags!

bag nationSturdy

reusable totes for groceries are a must, but so is a versatile, take-everywhere bag for errands and impulse buys on the way home that folds up to a couple inches square and can live in your purse, glove compartment, or coat pocket. Practice saying, “I’ve got my own bag, thanks.”

This is one thing I've gotten really good at. Even the other day Grant and I went to the grocery store and we were getting ready to check out without our own bags. Grant and I both said to one another "I'll go get the bags out of the trunk." I did and felt a lot better than taking yet another plastic bag. The big thing for us was just to put the bags in the trunk and keep them there. When I keep them in the house I tend to forget to grab them.

No comments: