Tuesday, January 20, 2009

My thoughts on today's events

On a positive note I thought that everything was gorgeous! People coming together for a historic event down to everyones attire. I thought Michelle Obama's dress was gorgeous. I do think their girls are so super cute too! The composition played right before the oath was gorgeous and well done!
I thought Obama would give a speech to remember or some kind of line I could quote someday in an inaguration day quote but I didn't get anything out of it. I've heard that from other news programs as well.
I don't like the idea when Rick Warren did the prayer (which I thought was phenomenal) Obama didn't say the lords prayer which struck me as not ok but I wasn't surprised knowing what we know about him and his wonderful Christian ways!
I know that there are all kinds of numbers flying around but one I've heard is 150 million which was spent on his inaguration! If he's all about the little people and sharing the wealth why didn't he do something simple yet wonderful like past presidents and share some of his own wealth? A question I feel I'll be asking myself a lot in the next 4 years.
In reality we know nothing about this man and things we do know are all red flags. I do hope that he does well because I live in this country and it would be horrible to wish him bad. Grant and I while praying at dinner tonight did say a prayer for our new president. I do hope to respect him and my fellow republicans do and don't stoop to the liberals level of hating and not respecting our leader. So that's all I have to say about today's events.

No comments: