Monday, January 12, 2009

E-Mail Quote of the week!

Future. That period of time in which our affairs prosper, our friends are true and our happiness is assured.

- Ambrose Bierce


We are approved by God, we don’t have to win the approval of others and look good in their eyes. We are not perfect people. Too many of us take ourselves too seriously and God not seriously enough.
|
-John C. Maxwell This week the quotes don't completely mesh together but both are relative to what I'm feeling this week. The first quote is true to me except our happiness is assured. I think that we tend to not let things bring us down as much when we get older. We know that as we age some things are pretty trivial in the grand scheme of things but I also believe things can happen to people that happiness isn't always going to be assured..Right. If happiness is a state of mind then I do beleive as we get older that bad things aren't going to rattle us as much as they might have because don't we just know that bad things are inevitable and do keep us grounded?.?.? I do beleive that friendships are so much more meaningful and people you do take on as friends are so much more true to us. I remember having friends for years then they would end over some silly little trivial thing that would not rattle me today nor would be worth ending a friendship over. I have to say that I love life more and more the older I get and I used to think it was this big scary thing. I enjoy having a little better grasp on things and my actions...except for the occasional slip ups The next quote oh so true for me. I worry a lot what people think of me. Many know I'm very over the top and can be a tish crazy....no, really it's true! I can get very embarrased by this myself believe it or not and have asked God so many times in my life to make me less annoying. Well again as I've gotten older I've naturally eased up but still have those "OH TRUDY" moments. I've learned to think of some of my craziness as a blessing that I can just let loose and am not afraid to let people know who I really am which I realize is not a fun thing for people who cannot. One thing that I care to much what people think is my home. I want it to be when people walk in they think to themselves "WOW, this girl keeps a clean home!" Is it really necessary..NO! I also want people to feel 100% comfortable. You all know the saying people don't come to see your home they come and see you..I totally beleive this and am comfortable in anyones home I just am scared people will judge me on my home and I'm crazy enough that I'm so scared I'll be judged on my home. Some of the time I spend being crazy clean I could try and focus some of that time on God eh' Hope everyone has a terrific week! Trudy

No comments: